Yes, it is very possible that my dog is my best friend. I was just thinking about this when I looked at my calendar at work that is filled with images of puppies. Dogs really can be someone's best friend so I believe it now when they say it. I never got attached to any dogs my family had before I got Roxie(or Wiener) we often fondly call her. I just thought of a few wierd things that people do with their dogs that I personally wouldn't do and some that I do, as much as I don't want to admit it.
First, kissing their dogs on the mouth...GROSS. I would never let my dog lick my mouth or tongue or anything around that area. Sometimes it may be by accident but NEVER willingly. Come on guys. Second, painting my dogs nails. Yes, I have thought about it as a funny joke to make my significant other mad that I painted her toenails but never because I really felt like I should do it.
NOW, I DO let my dog sleep in my bed, I even have stairs up to my bed so she can get up on her own(she's only 6 pounds and probably 8 inches tall) which people often enjoy making fun of me for. I also talk to her like a baby and I also talk to her like an adult assuming she can understand my full sentences. She doesn't seem to understand what I'm saying but she loves me anyway.
My favoritest part of my puppy is that she always loves me. No matter if I just stuck her nose in a mess she made or accidently punted her accross the room as she walked in front of my feet, she will always love me. Everytime I come home after leaving her in a kennel all day(horrid, I know)all she wants to do is snuggle with me and love me. She is never angry at me. That is true friendship. Complete understanding and love no matter what happens. I think that we could all learn a lesson from dogs. I have learned just in the past few months of being divorced that people aren't around forever and some things just don't matter. I find myself getting over things a lot more easy and just not caring about certain things I used to in general. I also find myself loving more people, even when they are annoying or stupid. I realize that you can't change people, they can only change themselves so sometimes you have to just say "Oh well, that's (insert name here) for ya". Being more accepting of everyone, especially the ones we love, can only make our lives easier and make all of us happier.
SO, now that I have written something so profound and thought provoking, I bid thee adeu.
No comments:
Post a Comment